It’s important to set goals if you want to grow as a creator. Setting small, large, soon, and far out goals will keep you consistently creating. Come along and learn with us about what types of goals you can set and how you can remind yourself to keep the goals on track. It’s all about setting ’em up and knocking ’em down!
- What are goals?
- The object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
- Opens yourself to new learning experiences
- Where do you want to see yourself? In a day, a week, month, etc.
- Knowing this helps you strive towards something
- Types of goals
- Finishing projects
- Reducing wasted time
- Streamline your creative process
- Saving money for art supplies
- Are these goals really worth making sacrifices for?
- not the expense of something more important – your wellbeing – know yourself and what matters to you
- It’s still not what defines you
- How to make sure you finish them?
- How to physically or digitally setup your goals
- Make them realistic
- Schedule progress goals
- Scheduling a finish date
What are we working on?
- Monica: New Photography, journal, Inktober
- Corey: Two short horror story, starting a new IT job
What inspired us this week?
- Monica: Inktobers & Hilda
- Corey: She stole Hilda from me!