Mo reflects on her Inktober 2018 and shares what she learned, loved, and hated about it.
- Intro – October Challenge to improve the skills of inking!
- Past experience – meh and pens only
- 2018 – Small Goal, but better than before
- To make art using a new medium and to be a part of it
- Prismacolors, koi watercolors, travel mixed media sketchbook
- No prompt – clouds, trees, robots
- What I learned thanks to Inktober (B&W only)
- Lighting, shadows, values,
- Easier to be inspired/Less Pressure – painted what I felt like
- Grew more in my style, brain break/brainstorm for original paint ideas (that are usually hard for me to plan)
- Learned a lot more about watercolor
- It pushed me to
- How fun it is to have a finished product quicker
- More open to other mediums
- Was my goal accomplished?
- To be better than before and to get out of comfort zone
- I created art and more of it. So yes 🙂
What are we working on?
- Monica: learning more about photography, Inktober, planning
- Corey: Horror short story.
What inspired us this week?
- Monica: Halloween Vibes and Inktober
- Corey: Old family photos